We’re pleased to release Verbotics Weld 0.11. The main features for this release are the ability to manually create or edit weld toolpath and calibration positions, 2D laser sensing, and support for KUKA and Universal Robots. You can download the latest release from the download page or by checking for updates within Verbotics Weld.
The ability to manually create and edit planned weld toolpaths and calibration has been added. This allows you to create or tweak the automated planning results to achieve the perfect plan. For more information, see the Toolpath Editor or Calibration Editor documentation.
KUKA and Universal Robots Support
Code generators have been added for KUKA and Universal Robots. Verbotics Weld now supports ABB, FANUC, KUKA, Universal Robots and Yaskawa Motoman.
2D Laser Sensing
Weld 0.11 includes supports for semi-automated 2D laser sense planning. This uses a 2D laser profile scanner such as the SERVO-ROBOT i-CUBE To calibrate the location of the weld seam.
Simple and Advanced Process Settings
As we have added more advanced weld settings, the process settings dialog has become quite extensive. By default Weld 0.11 will only show the most commonly used fields, and you can click “Show advanced settings…” to show all available process settings.
- You can preview and accept intermediate weld identification results while the identifier is still running.
- There are more options to control how the weld position is calculated when you have a workpiece positioner (look ahead along the weld to calculate position, and custom tilt offset).
- You can define a different process setting for the start / end of a weld. You can do this by clicking the icon next to the process settings dropdown in the weld detail view. This is currently only supported for ABB and FANUC robots.
- Minimise the change in torch rotation during welding.
- You can now rotate around an axis when copying welds.
- Add optional for optical seam tracking (in addition to through-arc seam tracking).
- Option to create turn-back features in the split / trim weld dialog.
- Many other features, usability improvements, and bug fixes.
Join our newsletter to stay up to date with the latest from Verbotics.